On September 1st, the biggest asteroid ever to be tracked by NASA, 2.7 miles (4.4 kilometers) in size and named "Florence", will fly by Earth. While there is no chance of it hitting Earth - it won't come any closer than 18 times the Earth-Moon distance - symbolically it does underscore the notion of "Deep Impact" already attached to our window around late August...
THIS CONTENT IS FOR MEMBERS ONLY
- If you are not a member, please SIGN UP for premium content!
- If you need to renew your subscription, do so from your account page.
- If you are a STRUG-STR Transition member, please renew by choosing your option (make sure you are logged in first).
- If you are already an STR member, please login.
- If you are an incoming STRUG (previous site) member, you need to have a *separate* STR account. (Explained inside STRUG, please go read.)